The enterprise had to be built almost anew, equipment was expected to be evacuated back. Alexander Grigorjevich Grigorjev, who held this position before the war, was appointed director.
There was no electricity, steam or gas at the plant. And it had to be revived by women and teenagers. The raw material procurement teams also consisted of women, and they also floated timber down the river.
What the Parfino people did can be called a civil feat. Half-starved, living in dugouts, without days off, people devoted all their strength to the plant - the future of their children and grandchildren, the tomorrow of their native settlement.
By order of the Council of People's Commissars of the USSR No. 18790 dated January 31, 1945, “Gidrodrev “ developed a technical project for the construction of the plant. It was approved by order No. 226 of August 1, 1946.
Along with the construction of a plywood factory, it was decided to build housing. On September 17, 1947, the Novgorod Regional Department for Architecture approved the master plan for the development of the settlement of Parfino. On January 1, 1947, more than two thousand people already lived in the settlement.
Construction of a plywood factory began. In 1947, the foundation of the first stage of the thermal power plant was laid. By this time, a brick factory began operating in Parfino, the products of which were used for the construction of the first stage of the thermal power plant, for the restoration of a plywood factory and a new woodworking shop, where it was planned to start producing standard panel houses.
In 1949, a group of workers and engineers returned from the Urals to their home plant. Timofey Georgjevich Gratsev arrived from Tavda, experienced plywood specialists Syromyatnikovs - Pavel Pavlovich and his wife Anna Semenovna, mechanic Valentin Nikolayevich Martynov, steam power specialist Grigoriy Ivanovich Yakovlev arrived at the plant and actively got involved in the work.
For the construction team of the Parfino plywood factory, 1951 was the year of completion of the first stage of construction, that is, the plywood shop. The first stage of the thermal power plant, one of the largest in the region at that time, was also preparing for launch.